Thursday, November 13, 2008

I am

I am a poem, a dusky sketch on a long forgotten leaf. I am that bringer of gifts and luck, that strength that eggs you on, I am that cripple you saw two weeks ago.

I have a life of my own, many things that I need to do. I consider gathering flowers for long forgotten tombs of friends. The same fingers also collect presents for brides to be, wish the best for brothers who turned their backs, flinch just a little with every hardship that comes crashing on my head.

My back is hunched, I can no longer be of use the way I used to. Although my spirit still sings praises of life, all its beauty, and the one above. I may not look like I have been upto any good, infact I may even look like I am not feeling so very good. Oh but I did reach out a hug every tired soul who walked past my door step.

You come to me telling me of all your sorrows, of all your hardships. And yet when I speak of mine, you either walk away or do not listen. My little misfortunes seem not to matter to anyone, and now I’m afraid I do not seem to take seem to take them in either.

I am the fading sunset, I am the water at the edge of the river, I am everything I’ve ever wanted to be, I am the end of the road, I am so very tired.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 13 November, 2008, Blogger amrit said...

Take rest, and then be the sunrise - become a fresh poem, a new sketch weaved over a shining spring leaf.

If not for cycles, life would be too dull. Let not the cycle of life trouble you too much.

 
At Thursday, 27 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be very good.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘a purple breeze’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

 
At Tuesday, 02 December, 2008, Blogger cry freedom said...

yay! at least u posted! even if it was a tired one.

 
At Saturday, 17 January, 2009, Blogger Arunima said...

good one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home