Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Where art thou?

Every morning I'd leave home at 5:30 for math lessons and he'd be there. At the gate, looking at me with those eyes screaming "Its so good to see you!" and he'd wag his tail and follow me till the street corner.
I'd give him biscuits as I sipped tea, or the remains form my school "dabba". Those doggy brown eyes always had a sparkle, the tail would wag as much, and that insane doggy smile would be on his face no matter what. Not even the ticks changed that.
A very happy soul, for someone living on the street.
Then one day I decided to walk for 3 k.m. to my aunt's. This guy decided to walk by me, and we happily shooed all the other stray dogs away together. We stopped traffic together, this girl and her (stray?) dog. He was a very good boy when it came to crossing roads.
Once there, I told him to stay till I finished dinner and we'd walk back.
Who knew.
Yup, he was not there when I returned. I searched for a while, and still look from the corner of my eye whenever I go there. No, no Juju yet.
A wise man once said gypsies go away only to come back.
My little fella is smart. Will he be back?
Those brown patches on white doggy fur. All those afternoons of petting your head and rubbing your neck. And the time we palyed in the garden.
I miss you Booboo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home