Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Conversation

A couple of days ago, I was sitting in the plush cafeteria of an MNC with a friend. He looked at me a couple of times as I sat there, sinking in my chair, staring hard at the table. Then the dude asked me why I was so lost, to which he got to see a brilliant display of my teeth.
Could I have told you, dear friend, that I was thinking right then of Palestine, of the Orange March in Ireland, terrorism in Jammu, the peace process in Israel and all those millions of little children living as refugees across the world? They do not even have human rights, you know. And they are hungry. And we were considering Souffle. And elephants in the Savanna are getting grilled to extinction, literally. And the poachers throw their ears away. And you know, the world has it share of grief and things need to be thought over.
And I am thinking. Either that, or I just enjoy my company too much.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, 12 January, 2005, Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

You have a very inriguing blog ..i esp LOVED ur fav books in ur profle awesome totally awesome.
Am gonna link u soon tht okay??

 
At Wednesday, 12 January, 2005, Blogger Prat said...

Thats totally cool, dreamcatcher!

 
At Wednesday, 12 January, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! if only show of teeth could say all that,u will catch everyone smiling and the ones who aren't just don't care ...

 
At Thursday, 13 January, 2005, Blogger Prat said...

You got me thinking again, Kishore. If show of teeth could say all that, what would it mean when Gorillas smile??

 
At Thursday, 13 January, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that my dear is a question to a gorilla ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home