Monday, August 29, 2005

Bride of the wind....

Every once in a while something happens and people come up with good ideas. What happened this time was a case of writers block that did not see any writing from my end for over a month.
And the solution comes from half way across the world in the form of Ubermensch, who came up with the idea of guest blogging where we gave each other a theme, a line to begin with and one of those not so pretty things called deadlines.
So the result is here, and my piece is on his blog.

Thanks Uber for making this happen.

I'm leaving you to him-



Being is a fate of choice. Becoming, is a question of worth.
Between the door ajar of being and becoming life trickles slowly.

Your life like any others is a story of questions and answers.

You blindly cling on to the answers for a while, only to let them go later: to fly away, free and far; to whisper echoes into the blanks and spaces of your receding memory.

Spaces that you don’t know how to fill otherwise.

You just seek more answers. But then, what are answers anyway, but soon to be questions?

He thinks of all these with his head placed tenderly between her breasts and pubis, over the scaphoid of her belly.

She is asleep. And soon he falls into sleep too.

In the tiny miniscule of a moment of their orgiastic love making the questions and answers had faded away. Into erstwhile spaces and blanks.
++++

From the supple childhood right through the vagaries of the youth they tell you so many things imaginable about love.

What they don’t is what to do when in love?
In love you are left all by your own.

With your own spaces and blanks. May be that is what is love.

Then it so invariably happens: we wish to walk through the long corridors of this endless maze with the sunshine of our thoughts watering the plants of our laughters and sorrows.

In the summer the daisies smile.
After a while we might realize it is endless because it is a circle. A vicious circle, a circle we have bound ourselves forever unknowingly.
As the winter falls the light fades away. The daisies wilt.

Seasons circle.

If an answer is a singular radius of the memorable past, a circle can never expand; never be able to embrace the growing arms of the future.
And without growth a conscience ails. You suffer with your questions?


If otherwise the story is different, questions and answers sublimate. We both sail in the boat of myriad dimensions navigating through the spaces, filling the blanks.
++++

And one summer morning long ago, I had seen how the lines of light had runneled through your tresses when you had woken up from beside me after we had made love all night. At that precise moment, I knew I had seen the most beautiful of all the things I had ever seen in the history of my life. Or will. I felt as if I was not seeing myself from the outside of me for the first time; I was so overwhelmed that I wished to see it every morning for eternity.

I wonder if a
Kokoschka would have felt as much when he painted all the blanks and spaces of his amber canvas into the bride of the wind.
I just wonder.

After all these winters, She still sleeps with her rodin head on my shoulders, her curve snuggly arched against me.
The spaces and blanks have been consigned to the ostriches of oblivion.

She gets up hurriedly from the bed and smiles levelling her tousled hair.

On the wall behind, hangs The Bride of the wind.






Kokoschka's Bride of the wind.

PS: Topic- Chaos of love and commitment.
Line suggested-What are answers anyway?

Do let us know if anyone else try out the same or anything similar.

11 Comments:

At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger . : A : . said...

Came over from Uber after reading about this concept on his post.

So now I comment to uber on your blog and to you on his blog.

:-)

 
At Tuesday, 30 August, 2005, Blogger La Louve said...

:) the 'you'/'we' doesnt really work for me.
as usual interesting thoughts--maybe too many that i end up getting lost somewhere in between. Maybe am just too silly! :D
Lovely pic.

 
At Tuesday, 30 August, 2005, Blogger Vasu the terrible said...

hi,

absolutely incredible. I love the whole idea of circle of a singular radius. Maybe it does expand with time.

Incidentally I am reading the book "The Chaos". What it says and what you write resonate..

vasu

 
At Tuesday, 30 August, 2005, Blogger gulnaz said...

beautiful picture and a lovingly written thought-provoking post. i like the title of the picture, bride of the wind. i like how it encapsulates in a phrase an entire concept of love and commitment.
i like this concept of him blogging at yours and you at his, its sweet and will give your readers,like me, a chance to visit his and vice versa.

 
At Tuesday, 30 August, 2005, Blogger small squirrel said...

unbelievable... I think between you and prat with this project I have now seen 2 of the best bits of writing I have come across in a long time.

the intimacy juxaposed with the utter blankness and futility of time and tide and questioning and life...

you two should have more literary babies. :) perfection.

 
At Wednesday, 31 August, 2005, Blogger {illyria} said...

squirrel said it all for me. this was brilliant, beautiful and moving.

 
At Wednesday, 31 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came from Uber's.
Awesome stuff! Superb opening lines. Dude, did you jot this down after seeing the picture or was it the other way round?

 
At Wednesday, 31 August, 2005, Blogger Ubermensch said...

a:,
Thanks :)

wbix,
Thank you.The write up ws intended to make the reader lose and find himself.

vasu,
Thank you too.
May be it ceases to be a circle.

Gulnaz,
Thanks for the feedback.Appreciate it.Happy you like the idea and the title.

Jess and transcience,
Thanks for the sweet words.Im not sure I deserve that high a praise;
I thought I would have undone all her lovely writng :)
Thanks again.

Sudhu,
I found the topic bit hard to my wrist, especially she was sort of specific and while trying to write this I was reminded of 'Bride of the wind' from long back; So sheepily sneaked it in.
Glad you liked it.

Thanks all for the comments and Prat for her gifted patience while I made her wait so much past the deadline.
Cheers
Ubermensch

 
At Thursday, 01 September, 2005, Blogger Pallavi said...

I loved the painting !! Wow

 
At Sunday, 04 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

confusion.. a cloud that rains and makes the mind a mucky disordered neverending chaos..

love.. brings joy and with it confusion

choice.. aids in becoming or its reverse.. u'rs to choose :P

life.. as u say ' Between the door ajar of being and becoming life trickles slowly '

enlightenment.. is when becoming is being and viceversa

 
At Friday, 23 December, 2005, Blogger Paddy said...

loved the post...touched a deep chord!
and also thanks for ur comments on mine.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home