Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Rendezvous

They say you were the best thing that ever happened to me.
I took a walk among the woods. And picked Pomegranate flowers- pink, with the blush of first love, and yellow with the radiance thereof.
Where there is a path now, there once was a dream we traced. With our fingers together, little by little.
I took a little trip. To where the white Dahlias caressed your tender skin. And you lay, holding it, like it were a fragile treasure.
But the wind had plans of its own, other treasures to blow away.
It is not your turn today, my love.
And when I had enough of it all, enough of fading memories, I stopped by your place to make some more.
He was there.
Like some people are. Like some people who wait in the corners of dark streets.

He was there.
I looked in his eyes.

I am not afraid.

He muttered something.
Something about passion. And gently sent a flame of the forest my way.

Certain flavours, certain smells always remain with you.
Which is why I pulled him close that day.
Pulled him close and kissed his blue lips, the lips of death, with your cold grave for a witness.

18 Comments:

At Tuesday, 14 February, 2006, Blogger Stormy Zephyr said...

Very touching...the lips of death..you write like a gentle breeze, Prat

 
At Wednesday, 15 February, 2006, Blogger Eroteme said...

A very nice reading. I really liked the way you finished it... :-)

 
At Thursday, 16 February, 2006, Blogger Prat said...

stormy zephyr,
thankyou for saying such wonderful things.
Eroteme,
I am glad you enjoyed it.
Means a lot to me.

 
At Thursday, 16 February, 2006, Blogger Mr. J said...

Wooooww.. Loved the last part.. My fav is, 'Death tugs at me and says, let them live, for i'm coming' ;)

Nice stuff you got here Prats... uum is it prat without an S or with an S???

 
At Thursday, 16 February, 2006, Blogger Prat said...

Hi Me,
thankyou.
Strange that you ask about S.
Prat and S parted ways sometime ago.
They no longer go together.

 
At Thursday, 16 February, 2006, Blogger Mr. J said...

parted ways.. awww.. not sure if it was for better or for worse.. Hmm so it shall be Prat only.

 
At Friday, 17 February, 2006, Blogger Pallavi said...

I always SIGH when I read... you ... :)

 
At Friday, 17 February, 2006, Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

blimey! if the blogging world isn't beating a path to oyur site i want to know why. good. very, very good.

 
At Saturday, 18 February, 2006, Blogger Prat said...

Me,
Yes, so it shall be Prat. Only. I think it was for the better. Parting ways can do you good, strangely.
Pallavi,
I have been struggling to find the link to your blog. I click all over the place and land up reading someone else...thanks for taking the time to sigh.
Cocaine Jesus,
why thankyou!

 
At Sunday, 19 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi..

First of all thanks to land on my blog & sending valentin's wishing...thanks!!
Sorry for belated valentine's wishes from me..all the best!!

Hope to hear you again..
Roy

 
At Monday, 20 February, 2006, Blogger Extempore said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Monday, 20 February, 2006, Blogger Extempore said...

It's gorgeous Prat. I am quite torn between wanting you to have sketched this further and loving the wonderful, mysterious tones of this piece.

:-)

 
At Tuesday, 21 February, 2006, Blogger RamaDrama said...

very esoteric!
"Certain flavours, certain smells always remain with you."-- So true!

 
At Wednesday, 22 February, 2006, Blogger Prat said...

Roy,
it was my pleasure. sort of been trying to spread sunshine and all that blah :D
Extempore,
WB. I hope Hyderabad went easy on you, the heat especially.
Thanks for being generous with kindness.
Motorama,
Esoteric is a strong word. For very long I could associate it only with Osho :)
Thanks for taking the time to read me.

 
At Wednesday, 22 February, 2006, Blogger ... said...

Very enchanting piece. Especially liked the twist at the end.

Sad, daring and magnificent all in one!

 
At Thursday, 23 February, 2006, Blogger SwB said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Thursday, 23 February, 2006, Blogger SwB said...

hello prat!

 
At Saturday, 25 February, 2006, Blogger Prat said...

Ô¿Ô,
thanks for that and stopping by.
Salt water blues,
why hello there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home