Monday, January 17, 2005

Night

It is three fourths of a moon that parts through the deep blue skies tonight to look down at me. And give me one of his famous Mona Lisa smiles. Are you sad or happy, dear moon? Teach me how you smile that way, someday.
Then there is the quintessential mug of everynight-can't-sleep-without-you hot chocolate lying on the table. Its sweetness irritates me today. Its warmth almost appalling.
I have untied the drapes to my windows. And shut them. Maybe the moon will leave me alone now. I miss Elie Wiesel right now. Miss the way he said "Never shall I forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust. Never shall I forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God Himself. Never."
The streets are cold and there are dogs making a noise occasionally. There is orange light outside my window. There is a watchman who blows his whistle now and then.
There is so much.
Yet so little.

6 Comments:

At Monday, 17 January, 2005, Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

Sigh iam in love with the way you write
beautiful.

 
At Tuesday, 18 January, 2005, Blogger Arunima said...

you see the moon everyday but sometimes it really makes you think that way.

 
At Tuesday, 18 January, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so fluid is u'r writing that thoughts just flows into these words and becomes real ... beautiful :)

 
At Wednesday, 19 January, 2005, Blogger Prat said...

Dreamcatcher & Kishore, thanks you so much for your kind words.
Arunima, yes, that way among a lot of others.

 
At Wednesday, 19 January, 2005, Blogger small squirrel said...

Hey Prat... thanks for stopping by my blog. Perfect quote for the snap... sorry I didn't think of it myself...

I have dropped by your blog a few times, never left a comment. Meant to on this post yesterday... the moon is a favorite theme with me, and elie wiesel is an absolute gift of a man.

Gorgeous post... keep writing, you have a talent!

 
At Wednesday, 19 January, 2005, Blogger Prat said...

Thanks for that, Squirrel. Weisel is a true gift and haunts me no end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home