Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Live with me, and be my love

For sweet romances and pretty butterfly thoughts, walks in the snow and thoughts by the sea.
For you and me and eternity.
Shakespeare.

Live with me, and be my love,
And we will all the pleasures prove,
That hills and valleys, dales and fields,
And all the craggy mountains yields.

There will we sit upon the rocks,
And see the shepherds feed their flocks,
By shallow rivers, by whose falls
Melodious birds sing madrigals.

There will I make thee a bed of roses,
With a thousand fragrant posies,
A cap of flowers, and a kirtle
Embroider'd all with leaves of myrtle.
A belt of straw and ivy buds,
With coral clasps and amber studs;
And if these pleasures may thee move,
Then live with me and be my love.

LOVE'S ANSWER.

If that the world and love were young,
And truth in every shepherd's tongue,
These pretty pleasures might me move
To live with thee and be thy love.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, 03 March, 2005, Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

Belated Valentine's Day?
beautiful.

 
At Thursday, 03 March, 2005, Blogger {illyria} said...

*sigh* i am feeling the love all the way from here.

 
At Friday, 04 March, 2005, Blogger Prat said...

Dreamcatcher, not sure! Perhaps for all the beautiful people I know at whose doors love has come knocking.
Transience, *hugs lady* thats a very good thing!

 
At Friday, 04 March, 2005, Blogger small squirrel said...

this was gorgeous, woman...

hopefully love will knock at my door soon. LOUDLY! :)

 
At Thursday, 10 March, 2005, Blogger Paddy said...

that was simply beautiful!!!! wandered across through the link from your comment on my page. thanks for the same....you write very well!

 
At Friday, 11 March, 2005, Blogger Prat said...

Squirrel, am sure it will real soon. So loud that I can hear too!
Paddy, thankyou so much.
And so friends, Romans, countrymen, here is a small clarifiaction. The above poem was not written by me. Its one of the Bard's pieces, a part of Sonnets to sundry notes of music.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home