Saturday, January 27, 2007

In Conversation


Suketu Mehta

Tonight, I thought
I should write you a poem
Not one of those
That borrows
The deep blue
From the sky
Or the dusty brown
Of an impending summer

I thought
I should coat your eyelids
With the tickle
Of dandelions
And bottle away
Your fragrance
In a lachrymatory

I can feel
The precise point
Where your fingers
Rested on my back
When we smiled
For posterity

That night
Is long gone
The poem
May not really be here
But the ache inside
Is real
Even after
You touched me
The way you did.

10 Comments:

At Saturday, 27 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you happen to meet him? :)

 
At Saturday, 27 January, 2007, Blogger Prat said...

Kishore,
Ofcourse.

 
At Sunday, 28 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Pradeep Sebastian?

 
At Monday, 29 January, 2007, Blogger Prat said...

Kishore,
na.

 
At Monday, 29 January, 2007, Blogger Echo said...

The poem is real too, and perhaps longer lasting.

 
At Thursday, 01 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Prat,
I enjoyed your poem very much.
This caught my fancy " should coat your eyelids
With the tickle
Of dandelions"

 
At Thursday, 08 February, 2007, Blogger {illyria} said...

you could totally recite this to someone on a balmy saturday afternoon and see him smile when you finished.

 
At Monday, 12 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maximum poetry!!

 
At Tuesday, 13 February, 2007, Blogger asuph said...

Hey prat,

The poem
May not really be here
But the ache inside
Is real


:). Well the ache is what matters, no? Poems will come and go.

cheers,
asuph

 
At Saturday, 17 February, 2007, Blogger Inkblot said...

precise, poignant...beautifully done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home