Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Blues Came Banging on my Door

Half way through,
Your fingers reached for my skirt

The tip of your fingertips
Pushed it up

I shrank back a bit
In anticipation

You reached my knee
Our eyes rested

I looked whole
In my paleness, you said

We both knew
What you were getting at

“Does it still hurt?”
Your fingers circled the erstwhile wound

A nod, and two tear drops
That’s all there is left

Like famine, it spread
And now, all of me
Feels like the erstwhile wound.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, 08 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting start, and Amazing finish...

 
At Monday, 12 March, 2007, Blogger Inkblot said...

subtly wrenches......like desperate guitar chords tugging at you inside

 
At Tuesday, 13 March, 2007, Blogger {illyria} said...

wrenching.

 
At Wednesday, 21 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave your footwear at the door while traversing these pages... they constitute hallowed ground

 
At Friday, 31 August, 2007, Blogger Sudarshan. A. G. said...

Subtle hammer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home